Grilled Pineapple-Chicken Pockets
Yield: 4 servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 277
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 23.7g
- Carbohydrate: 35.2g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 260mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple slices in juice, undrained
- 1/3 cup hot pepper jelly
- 3 (4-ounce) skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 (7-inch) pita bread rounds, cut in half
- 1/4 cup nonfat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon hot pepper jelly
- 8 large, fresh spinach leaves
- Drain pineapple slices, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. Set pineapple aside. Combine reserved juice and 1/3 cup jelly, stirring until smooth. Place chicken breast halves in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add jelly mixture. Seal bag, and shake until chicken is well coated. Remove chicken from jelly mixture. Pour jelly mixture into a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°). Place chicken on rack. Grill, covered, 5 minutes, basting once with reserved jelly mixture. Turn chicken, and place pineapple slices on grill with chicken; baste with remaining jelly mixture. Grill, covered, 6 minutes or until chicken is done and pineapple is thoroughly heated. Remove chicken and pineapple from grill. Cut chicken into thin slices.
- Spread inside of each pita pocket with 1 tablespoon cream cheese and 1 teaspoon jelly; place 2 spinach leaves and 1 pineapple slice in each pocket. Arrange chicken evenly in pockets. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes