Grilled Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 7.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 551mg
- Calcium: 329mg
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block light white Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 8 (3/4-ounce) light white or wheat bread slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until blended, and stir in cheeses.
- Heat an electric griddle to 350º or a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture on each of 4 bread slices. Top evenly with tomato slices and remaining 4 bread slices. Brush one side of sandwiches evenly with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Spray hot griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Place sandwiches, buttered sides down, on griddle or in skillet. Brush tops evenly with remaining melted butter. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft 2% Milk Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Cabot 50% Light Vermont Cheddar Cheese.
- Note: Nutritional analysis per 1/3-cup pimiento cheese: Calories 125 (58% from fat); Fat 8.1g (sat 4.9g, mono 0g, poly 0g); Protein 11.2g; Carb 4.5g Fiber 0.2g; Chol 24 mg; Iron 0.2mg; Sodium 332mg; Calc 271mg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes