- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block 2% reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) block light white Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 8 (3/4-ounce) light white or wheat bread slices
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- calories 241
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- fat 12.4 g
- satfat 7.1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 17.3 g
- carbohydrate 24.9 g
- fiber 5.6 g
- cholesterol 30 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 551 mg
- calcium 329 mg
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients in a large bowl until blended, and stir in cheeses.
Heat an electric griddle to 350º or a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread 1/3 cup cheese mixture on each of 4 bread slices. Top evenly with tomato slices and remaining 4 bread slices. Brush one side of sandwiches evenly with 1 tablespoon melted butter.
Spray hot griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Place sandwiches, buttered sides down, on griddle or in skillet. Brush tops evenly with remaining melted butter. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve immediately.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft 2% Milk Sharp Cheddar Cheese and Cabot 50% Light Vermont Cheddar Cheese.
Note: Nutritional analysis per 1/3-cup pimiento cheese: Calories 125 (58% from fat); Fat 1g (sat 9g, mono 0g, poly 0g); Protein 2g; Carb 5g Fiber 2g; Chol 24 mg; Iron 2mg; Sodium 332mg; Calc 271mg.