Grilled Pimiento Cheese
To save time, purchase prepared pimiento cheese.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 (2-oz.) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of granulated garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) block Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices whole grain white bread
- 1. Stir together 1/2 cup mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; gently stir in cheese. Cover and chill up to 3 days, if desired.
- 2. Spread remaining 1/4 cup mayonnaise evenly on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 4 bread slices, mayonnaise sides down, on wax paper.
- 3. Spread cheese mixture evenly on top of 4 bread slices on wax paper; top with remaining bread slices, mayonnaise sides up.
- 4. Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Sara Lee Whole Grain White Bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes