This is quite good. I used extra seasonings (always) and added cayenne pepper (almost always), but other than that I followed the recipe. Cooked them in a panini press. My family loved it. It's a good weeknight dinner, served with just a green salad.
Grilled Pimiento, Cheddar, and Bacon on Sourdough
Photo: David Prince; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 12 slices sourdough or whole grain bread
- 1. Pulse first 7 ingredients and 1/3 cup mayonnaise in a food processor until blended but still chunky. Stir in bacon.
- 2. Spread about 1/3 cup cheese mixture on 6 bread slices; top with remaining 6 bread slices. Spread outside of sandwiches with a thin layer of mayonnaise. Cook sandwiches in a large nonstick skillet, in batches, over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note