This dish is always a huge hit - even with my youngest who says that he doesn't like shrimp! I use chorizo or an exotic chicken sausage. The sautee sauce is really really good.
Grilled Peppers, Shrimp and Chorizo
This dish can be grilled (as written) or sautéed. For the sauté, and because my pan isn't huge, I do the peppers, then the sausage, then the onions (tossing them as they are finished in a large bowl with the vinaigrette plus 1/4 cup white wine and 2 tbsp heavy cream). I add the shrimp to the sauté pan for 2 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients to reheat them. I serve this over rice with a large spoonful of the sauce.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil , plus more for coating
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 pound(s) large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 4 sweet peppers
- 2 chorizo or andouille sausages completely cooked
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) heavy cream (optional)
- 1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a bowl, whisk together oil through salt. Toss 2 tsp of the vinaigrette with shrimp. Thread shrimp onto two skewers. Set aside remaining vinaigrette.
- 2. Lightly coat peppers with oil. Grill on medium-high heat for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to cool slightly. Peel and discard skins (it's okay to leave a little on). Meanwhile, grill the onion until soft (5 minutes per side). Quater peeled peppers, discarding stems and cores. Toss with remaining vinaigrette.
- 3. Grill the 4 chorizo halves 3-4 minutes per side. Slice into half moons. Grill shrimp skewers 2 minutes per side until cooked through.
- 4. Arrange pepper quarters and onion slices on a large platter. Scatter chorizo and shrimp on top and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh chopped flat leaf parsley and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note