I made this as a topping for kefta burgers. I also recommend adding a little chopped red onion and feta cheese and serving like a salsa or on crostini. So good!
Grilled Pepper Relish
To roast peppers in the oven instead of grilling them, cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Proceed with recipe as directed.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 33
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 1.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 118mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- 4 bell peppers (assorted colors, such as red, yellow, and orange)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Place bell peppers on grill rack. Grill, without lid, over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, turning frequently, until peppers blister. Place peppers in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds. Cut peppers into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Combine bell peppers and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Pepper Relish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments
- CONVENIENCE: Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, Italian
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Calorie, Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Grill
- OCCASION: Spring, Summer, Cinco de Mayo, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Super Bowl
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light