not as good as the other CL recipe with bacon, lime juice and cilantro. I prefer a light cheddar/jack shredded cheese over parmesan.
Grilled Pepper Poppers
The three-cheese filling is a nice complement for the spicy peppers in this grilled appetizer recipe. You can also use a milder chile, such as a cherry pepper. Shredded cheddar cheese can take the place of Parmesan, if you like.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 84
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 334mg
- Calcium: 117mg
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Spoon about 2 teaspoons cheese mixture into each pepper half. Place pepper halves, cheese side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill peppers 5 minutes or until bottoms of peppers are charred and cheese mixture is lightly browned. Carefully place peppers on a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note