Great fall salad.
Grilled Pear Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 3 firm ripe Bartlett pears, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 (10-oz.) jar seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill pear wedges, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 2. Whisk together red wine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
- 3. Combine salad greens, next 4 ingredients, and pears in a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads