Great fall salad.
Grilled Pear Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Buffy Hargett
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 3 firm ripe Bartlett pears, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 (10-oz.) jar seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (5-oz.) package gourmet mixed salad greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup honey-roasted cashews
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill pear wedges, covered with grill lid, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- 2. Whisk together red wine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl; add canola oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
- 3. Combine salad greens, next 4 ingredients, and pears in a large bowl. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Serve immediately with remaining vinaigrette.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note