- 4 small firm-ripe pears, such as Anjou, Bartlett, or Bosc (about 2 lbs. total)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small head radicchio
- 2 small heads frisée
- 2 Belgian endives
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 3 ounces ricotta salata or pecorino cheese
- calories 594
- caloriesfromfat 76 %
- protein 8.4 g
- fat 51 g
- satfat 10 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 7.4 g
- sodium 459 mg
- cholesterol 5.3 mg
How to Make It
Heat a grill to medium-high (about 450°). Quarter pears lengthwise; stem and core. Toss pears in a bowl with 1 tbsp. oil; season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Grill pears until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, tear radicchio, frisée, and endives into 2- to 3-in. pieces. You should have about 12 cups.
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Slowly whisk in remaining 1/2 cup oil.
Combine parsley, walnuts, and ricotta in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground.
Toss warm pears and chicories in vinaigrette. Spread about 2 tbsp. walnut-ricotta mixture on each of 4 plates, then top with salad. Scatter remaining walnut-ricotta mixture over salads.