forgot about these! used to make them all the time when my daughter was younger. i sorta went with what i had on hand, which usually was the pnut butter with strawberry jelly, banana slices and hershey's syrup, then grilled. sometimes crushed pineapple got thrown in, but everyone LOVED these!!! left out honey. was our dinner sometimes on sundays.
Grilled Peanut Butter and Banana Split Sandwich
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 436
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 9.4g
- Carbohydrate: 72g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 497mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 2 (1-ounce) slices firm white sandwich bread, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1 large strawberry, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small banana, cut lengthwise into 3 slices (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon pineapple jam
- Spread one side of each white bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine peanut butter and honey; spread over plain side of 1 bread slice. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; top evenly with strawberry slices and banana slices.
- Spread pineapple jam over plain side of remaining bread slice. Carefully assemble sandwich.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note