- 2 (1-ounce) slices firm white sandwich bread, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon semisweet chocolate minichips
- 1 large strawberry, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small banana, cut lengthwise into 3 slices (about 2 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon pineapple jam
- calories 436
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 14.5 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 3.2 g
- protein 9.4 g
- carbohydrate 72 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- cholesterol 10 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 497 mg
- calcium 100 mg
How to Make It
Spread one side of each white bread slice with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Combine peanut butter and honey; spread over plain side of 1 bread slice. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; top evenly with strawberry slices and banana slices.
Spread pineapple jam over plain side of remaining bread slice. Carefully assemble sandwich.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwich; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.