Grilled Peaches with Almond Cream
Prep: 9 minutes; Cook: 10 minutes; other: 15 minutes
Almond is a favorite flavoring for Italian desserts, and it pairs beautifully with sugary-sweet peaches in this classic combo. Use peaches that are nice and ripe but still firm so they will hold up on the grill.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 149
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 4 medium firm ripe peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Combine peaches and amaretto in a large bowl, tossing gently to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- 3. While peaches stand, place 2 tablespoons almonds and sugar in a food processor; process 3 minutes or until a paste forms. Add cream cheese and vanilla; process until smooth.
- 4. Remove peaches from bowl, reserving amaretto. Place peaches, cut sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray; brush peaches with reserved amaretto. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until tender, basting occasionally with amaretto. Place peach halves on dessert plates; spoon 2 tablespoons almond cream into center of each peach half, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons almonds. Serve warm.
- Note: You may substitute 1/4 teaspoon almond extract plus 3 tablespoons water for the amaretto, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note