Really delicious. I needed more dressing to dress the greens so next time, I'll double the marinade and save 2 tablespoons. I also think it needed some red onion - we did crumble some feta over the top which was really awesome. The best way to peel peaches is to drop them in boiling water for 3-5 minutes then plunge them into ice water. The peel slips right off. We enjoyed this as a main course salad and had a nice rosemary foccacia with it and a lovely chardonnay. I would serve this to guests in a heartbeat.
Grilled Peaches and Pork
Pairing peaches with succulent pork is the ultimate summer supper. Balsamic vinegar and turbinado sugar bring out the sweetness of the peaches, while grilling the fruit caramelizes the sugars.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Calcium: 84mg
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large peaches, peeled, halved, and pitted (about 12 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 teaspoon turbinado or granulated sugar
- Place each piece of pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each piece to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or a rolling pin.
- Combine 2 tablespoons vinegar, juice, thyme, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon juice mixture. Pour the remaining juice mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork; seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place peaches, cut sides up, on a plate; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar.
- Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until pork is done. Set aside.
- Place peaches, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 4 minutes or until soft and slightly browned. Turn and cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Cut each peach half into 4 slices. Slice pieces of pork into 1-inch-thick strips.
- Drizzle trimmed arugula with reserved 1 tablespoon juice mixture, tossing to coat. Divide arugula evenly among 4 plates. Top with grilled pork strips and peach slices; sprinkle evenly with turbinado sugar.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes