This one's on my Keeper Iist - a light, healthy entree, enjoyed by all.
Grilled Peach Salad with Rosemary Dressing
Jennifer Jasinski, chef and co-owner of Rioja in Denver, makes her salad with fresh Colorado peaches and a Spanish blue cheese, but it's also good made with many Western blue cheeses.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 7.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Sodium: 844mg
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ripe peaches (from Colorado, if available), halved
- 12 diagonal baguette slices, 1/2 in. thick
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 8 ounces arugula
- 4 ounces Spanish blue cheese such as Valdeón or a Western blue cheese such as Avalanche Cheese Company's goat*, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons aged sweet sherry
- 1. Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). In a blender, whirl 1/3 cup oil with the rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper until smooth; set dressing aside.
- 2. Brush peach halves and baguette slices with remaining oil. Grill until marks appear, about 2 minutes, turning as needed.
- 3. Lay prosciutto on plates. Toss arugula in a medium bowl with half the reserved dressing and arrange over prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining dressing and the sherry. Set peaches and toasted bread around salads.
- *Available from avalanchecheese.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note