Grilled Peach-and-Feta Salad
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Grill: 6 Minutes
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 peaches (not white)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 cups loosely packed Bibb lettuce leaves (about 6 oz.; 1 to 2 heads of lettuce), washed
- 4 cooked bacon slices, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange 1/4 cup pecans, chopped, in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 5 minutes.
- 2. Peel and chop 1 peach. Cut each of remaining 3 peaches into 8 wedges.
- 3. Process chopped peach, green onions, next 7 ingredients, and, if desired, tequila in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth. Add oil, and pulse 3 to 4 times or until thoroughly combined.
- 4. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Brush both sides of peach wedges with 1/3 cup peach dressing.
- 5. Grill peach wedges, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- 6. Divide Bibb lettuce and bacon slices among 4 plates or shallow bowls. Top with grilled peach wedges. Sprinkle with feta cheese and pecans. Serve with dressing.
- Note: You can also use a grill pan to get those beautiful grill marks on the peaches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This