Grilled Peach-and-Feta Salad
We found traditional peaches work better in this dish than white peaches, which have more sugar and water and don't hold up as well on the grill.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Grill: 6 Minutes
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 peaches (not white)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 cups loosely packed Bibb lettuce leaves (about 6 oz.; 1 to 2 heads of lettuce), washed
- 4 cooked bacon slices, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange 1/4 cup pecans, chopped, in a single layer in a shallow pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 5 minutes.
- 2. Peel and chop 1 peach. Cut each of remaining 3 peaches into 8 wedges.
- 3. Process chopped peach, green onions, next 7 ingredients, and, if desired, tequila in a food processor 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth. Add oil, and pulse 3 to 4 times or until thoroughly combined.
- 4. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Brush both sides of peach wedges with 1/3 cup peach dressing.
- 5. Grill peach wedges, covered with grill lid, over 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- 6. Divide Bibb lettuce and bacon slices among 4 plates or shallow bowls. Top with grilled peach wedges. Sprinkle with feta cheese and pecans. Serve with dressing.
- Note: You can also use a grill pan to get those beautiful grill marks on the peaches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads