Grilled Parsleyed Shrimp and Vegetables
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
- 3 pounds unpeeled jumbo fresh shrimp (16 to 20 count per pound)
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 large red onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle olive oil-and-vinegar dressing
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Squeeze juice from lemon halves to measure 1/4 cup; set juice aside. Reserve and chill lemon halves for later use.
- Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut each pepper into 4 large pieces; cut each onion horizontally into 3 large slices.
- Grill vegetables, covered with a grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until bell peppers look blistered and onions are crisp-tender; cut into 2-inch pieces. Add grilled vegetables, chopped parsley, and garlic to shrimp in bowl. Pour vinaigrette and lemon juice over mixture, and stir to coat and combine. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Arrange reserved lemon halves in bottom of a deep serving bowl. Spoon marinated shrimp and vegetable mixture over top of lemon halves. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This