- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grilling bread
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 20 slices (1/2 to 3/4 in. thick) ciabatta (1 loaf)
- 1 pound brie cheese, cut into 1/4-in. by 2-in. slices
- 3/4 pound ham, thinly sliced
- About 1/2 lb. arugula, washed and spun dry
- calories 245
- caloriesfromfat 59 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 580 mg
- cholesterol 32 mg
How to Make It
Put 1/4 cup olive oil, the lemon juice and zest, garlic, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste in a blender and pulse to combine.
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above cooking grate only 4 to 5 seconds). Brush oil on both sides of bread and put on grill; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill 2 minutes. Turn over, top with cheese, close lid, and grill until cheese melts, 1 to 2 minutes.
Top cheese evenly with ham. In a large bowl, toss arugula with vinaigrette and arrange a handful on each sandwich. Drizzle remaining vinaigrette over sandwiches.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.