Grilled Onion Butter Cod
This delicious grilled cod is tender and has a buttery flavor and texture. Serve with your favorite grilled potatoes or vegetable of your choice.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cod fillets, about 6 ounces
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. In small skillet melt butter. Add onions and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add white wine and let simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Brush fillets with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place fish on oiled grill rack and cook for 8 minutes. Baste cod with butter sauce and turn. Cook for an additional 6-7 minutes or until fish is opaque. Baste an additional 2-3 times. Remove cod from heat, top with lemon wedges, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note