- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 1/8 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 large white onions, cut into (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut horizontally into (1/2-inch-thick) slices (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Remaining ingredient:
- 4 cups trimmed arugula or baby spinach
- calories 390
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 13.1 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 6.1 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 28.3 g
- carbohydrate 40.4 g
- fiber 6.6 g
- cholesterol 59 mg
- iron 3.9 mg
- sodium 498 mg
- calcium 107 mg
How to Make It
To prepare salad, combine coriander, 1 teaspoon pepper, thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; rub over both sides of steak.
Sprinkle onion slices with 1/8 teaspoon pepper and 1/8 teaspoon salt; spray with cooking spray. Thread onion slices onto skewers or arrange in grilling basket. Place the skewers or grilling basket on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill onions 5 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from skewers or basket; place in a large bowl.
Lightly coat sweet potato with cooking spray. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; slice potatoes into 1/4-inch strips. Add to onion; toss to combine.
To prepare dressing, combine the orange juice and next 6 ingredients (orange juice through 1/4 teaspoon salt), stirring with a whisk.
Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Place arugula in a large bowl; drizzle with 1/4 cup dressing, tossing gently to coat. Place 1 cup arugula mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 cup onion mixture. Arrange 3 ounces steak over each serving; drizzle each serving with 1 tablespoon dressing. Serve immediately.