Grilled Niçoise Tuna Steaks
Photo: © Quentin Bacon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 10 1-inch-thick tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the wine, mustard, thyme, fennel and shallots. Arrange the tuna steaks on a large rimmed baking sheet and pour the marinade over them. Turn the tuna steaks to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, for 4 minutes per side, until medium. Thinly slice the steaks, transfer to plates and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note