Grilled Niçoise Tuna Steaks
Photo: © Quentin Bacon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 2 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 10 1-inch-thick tuna steaks (8 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk the olive oil with the wine, mustard, thyme, fennel and shallots. Arrange the tuna steaks on a large rimmed baking sheet and pour the marinade over them. Turn the tuna steaks to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, for 4 minutes per side, until medium. Thinly slice the steaks, transfer to plates and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes