Grilled Nectarines and Plums with Vanilla Bean Syrup
Grilling heightens the fruit's sweetness and flavor. Slightly firm fruit will stand up to the heat; if you're using ripe fruit, take it from the grill just a few minutes sooner than directed. Garnish with mint sprigs.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 173
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 6mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 (3-inch) vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 4 plums, halved and pitted
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and chopped
- Preheat grill.
- Combine 2 cups water and 1/3 cup honey in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Scrape seeds from the vanilla bean, and add seeds to honey mixture. Discard bean. Bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1 1/4 cups (about 15 minutes). Combine whipped topping, cheese, and 1 tablespoon honey, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly coat both sides of nectarines and plums with cooking spray. Place nectarines and plums, cut side down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes on each side or until soft. Place 1 nectarine half and 1 plum half in each of 8 shallow bowls. Top each serving with 1/4 cup cherries; drizzle each with 2 tablespoons honey mixture. Spoon 2 teaspoons cheese mixture over each serving; sprinkle each serving with 3/4 teaspoon nuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note