Grilled Mustard and Miso Sea Bass
This grilled sea bass recipe uses white miso paste which is far milder and sweeter than the darker varieties. The combination of rice wine, mustard, and miso makes this Japanese inspired dish absolutely delicious and tender.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 sea bass fillets, about 5-6 ounces each
- 6 green onions, trimmed
- 1/3 cup(s) white miso
- 3 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) mirin or Japanese rice wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) toasted sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) water
- 1` clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. In small bowl, combine water and Dijon mustard until thoroughly mixed. Place miso, mustard mixture, vinegar, mirin, soy sauce, garlic, and sugar in small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until smooth for about 3-5 minutes. Brush fish and green onions with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place fish on grill and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until center is opaque. Add onions onto grill and cook for 2 minutes per side. Remove both from grill, top fish with miso sauce and sesame seeds. Serve fish with green onions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note