Grilled Mussels with White Wine Sauce
This grilled mussels recipe is the perfect seafood meal for a hot summer night. Serve with an easy green salad for the ultimate meal.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds mussels
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- Remove beards on mussels, and scrub shells well with a brush. Discard open or cracked mussels. Set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup lemon juice and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle mussels with salt, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Place mussels in a grill basket.
- Grill, with lid closed, over high heat (400º to 500º) about 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Add mussels to lemon mixture; toss well. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes