- 2 pounds mussels
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Remove beards on mussels, and scrub shells well with a brush. Discard open or cracked mussels. Set aside.
Combine 1/4 cup lemon juice and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
Sprinkle mussels with salt, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Place mussels in a grill basket.
Grill, with lid closed, over high heat (400º to 500º) about 10 minutes or until shells open. Discard any unopened mussels.
Add mussels to lemon mixture; toss well. Drizzle with remaining lemon juice, and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.