Grilled Mozzarella Sandwiches
Turn grilled cheese into an adult dish with creamy buffalo mozzarella and flecks of fresh thyme.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) fresh buffalo mozzarella 3x4 slices
- 8 slice(s) texas toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- dash(es) nutmeg
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- Place the mozzarella on 4 slices of the bread. Cover with the remaining slices to form sandwiches. Trim the crusts off to make perfect 4-inch squares.
- In a wide shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the cream, thyme leaves, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk until well blended.
- In a 10 to 12-inch nonstick saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat until smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook until the sizzling subsides. Dip 2 of the sandwiches into the egg mixture, turning to coat, place in the pan, and cook until golden brown on the first side, about 2 minutes. Flip over and brown on the other side. Transfer the sandwiches to individual plates and repeat the process with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter, and 2 sandwiches. Cut in half, and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Mozzarella Sandwiches Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches