- About 1/3 cup chunky green or black olive tapenade, drained if oily
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 4 slices ciabatta, rosemary bread, or mild sourdough
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- calories 879
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- protein 31 g
- fat 32 g
- satfat 18 g
- carbohydrate 114 g
- fiber 5 g
- sodium 1471 mg
- cholesterol 97 mg
How to Make It
Mix tapenade with orange zest and chile flakes in a small bowl.
Layer mozzarella with tapenade on 2 bread slices. Top with remaining slices.
Butter outsides of each sandwich.
Heat a large well-seasoned cast-iron skillet or a large, heavy nonstick pan over medium heat for a minute.
Place sandwiches in skillet and cook until golden-brown underneath, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until it's just as toasty. Low and slow is the key. Cheese will probably ooze out, but that's okay. It gives the sandwiches a nice crunchy fringe.