This definitely is a keeper! The combined flavors work well together and the marinade was fabulous. I also used peaches in the salsa, since that is what I had - will make this again!
Grilled Molasses Flank Steak with Watermelon Salsa
Smoky sweet molasses flank steak pairs perfectly with the fresh watermelon salsa.
More From Southern Living
Total: 5 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak
- Watermelon Salsa
- 1. Place first 8 ingredients in a 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag; squeeze bag to combine. Add steak; seal bag, and chill 4 to 12 hours. Remove steak from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 2. Preheat grill to 400° to 450° (high) heat. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, 9 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill, and let stand 10 minutes. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with Watermelon Salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes