this sandwich is so delicious! I have substituted red bell peppers, fontinella cheese, blue cheese. every combination tastes great with the spread of mayo,garlic and lemon juice. yum!
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwiches
Photo: Alex Farnum; Food Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 711mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1 eggplant (14 oz.), sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 of a 1-lb. ciabatta loaf, split horizontally
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1. Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice together; set aside.
- 2. Brush zucchini, mushrooms, and eggplant with oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill, turning once, until softened and grill marks appear, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Grill bread cut side down just until grill marks start to appear, 2 minutes.
- 4. Cut each loaf-half into 4 pieces. Spread bottoms with mayo and smear tops with cheese. Make sandwiches with vegetables, tomatoes, and arugula.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note