this sandwich is so delicious! I have substituted red bell peppers, fontinella cheese, blue cheese. every combination tastes great with the spread of mayo,garlic and lemon juice. yum!
Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Sandwiches
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 711mg
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1 eggplant (14 oz.), sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 of a 1-lb. ciabatta loaf, split horizontally
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1. Heat a grill to high (450° to 550°). Meanwhile, mix mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice together; set aside.
- 2. Brush zucchini, mushrooms, and eggplant with oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill, turning once, until softened and grill marks appear, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Grill bread cut side down just until grill marks start to appear, 2 minutes.
- 4. Cut each loaf-half into 4 pieces. Spread bottoms with mayo and smear tops with cheese. Make sandwiches with vegetables, tomatoes, and arugula.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches