Grilled Meatball, Halloumi, and Baby Squash Skewers
Photo: Jeffrey Cross; Food Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 357mg
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- Fresh Zaatar Rub
- 1/2 pound ground lamb or beef
- About 4 oz. halloumi cheese (buy extra in case some splits when skewered), cut into 6 cubes
- 1/2 pound mixed baby squash (pattypan and zucchini)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Soak 12 (10-in.) bamboo skewers in water about 30 minutes. Heat grill to medium (about 350°).
- 2. Combine half of the rub with lamb in a bowl and shape into 12 balls. Brush cheese and squash with oil, then coat with remaining rub. Thread meatballs, cheese, and squash onto 6 double sets of skewers, holding skewers slightly apart and alternating ingredients.
- 3. Grill, turning once, until meat is medium-rare, 7 to 8 minutes total.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This