Grilled Mango Skewers With Toasted Coconut
Jim Romanoff Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Can also be browned under a broiler W-S Journal: Cooking Healthy
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1/3 cup(s) shredded sweetened coconut
- 1. Soak eight 10-inch bamboo skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
- 2. Heat oven to 325 degrees. Spread coconut on a baking sheet. Toast, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set on a rack to cool.
- 3. Heat grill to medium-high. Peel skin from the mangoes. Holding a paring knife parallel to the large flat pit, slice the flesh away from each side in one solid piece. Cut each piece crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
- 4. Use 2 skewers for each of the 4 sets of mango slices. Push both skewers through the slices, spacing them about 1 inch apart. Brush both sides of each set of skewered mango slices lightly with oil.
- 5. Grill mango skewers until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes a side. Sprinkle each skewer with toasted coconut and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note