Grilled Mahimahi with Grapefruit, Avocado, and Watercress Salad
Photo: Quentin Bacon
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 315
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 33g
- 4 6-ounce pieces mahimahi, skin removed
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems removed
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Rub the mahimahi with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill until cooked through and opaque, about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness.
Meanwhile, cut away the peel and white pith of the grapefruit with a knife and slice the fruit into 1/4-inch rounds.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining oil, lime juice, honey, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and scallions.
Divide the watercress, avocado, and grapefruit among individual plates. Place the mahimahi on top and drizzle with the lime dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes