Grilled Lobster with Potato Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 297
- Calories from fat: 3.3%
- Protein: 29g
- Fat: 1.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 613mg
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup finely chopped green onions, including tops
- 4 spiny or rock lobster tails (1/2 lb. each), thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup fresh salmon caviar (ikura, optional)
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring potatoes and 3 quarts water to a boil. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced, 30 to 35 minutes. Drain. When potatoes are cool enough to touch, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch chunks.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and green onions. Add potato chunks and mix gently. Add salt to taste.
- 3. With scissors, cut lengthwise down the center of the top of each lobster shell. Set each tail, underside down, on a cutting board. Force a heavy knife through the cut in each shell to slice each lobster tail in half. Rinse lobster in shell.
- 4. Lay lobster on a lightly oiled grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Turn once to cook evenly until lobster is opaque but moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 7 minutes.
- 5. Mound potato salad equally onto plates; top with caviar. Place 2 lobster halves around each salad portion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note