I needed a quick marinade for tuna using items that I had on hand and this one exceeded my expectations. It added flavor without overpowering the tuna. I didn't make the noodles since I didn't have the ingredients on hand but look forward to making them next time. Served the tuna with the reserved marinade & thinly sliced green onion.
Grilled Lime-Soy Tuna with Noodles
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
This Asian-inspired meal is an impressive date-night dinner, and it can easily be doubled to feed a family.
Yield: 2 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 541
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Protein: 43.9g
- Carbohydrate: 63.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 625mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 8 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 8 teaspoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 4 ounces wide rice noodles
- 1/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon finely minced green onions
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons juice mixture into a zip-top plastic bag; reserve remaining juice mixture. Add tuna to bag; seal and marinate at room temperature 20 minutes, turning bag once.
- 2. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Combine noodles, carrots, vinegar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and mirin; toss well.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove tuna from bag; discard marinade. Place tuna in pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Divide noodle mixture between 2 plates; sprinkle each with 1 1/2 teaspoons onions. Cut tuna into thin slices; arrange 1 sliced tuna steak on each plate. Drizzle each serving with 3 tablespoons reserved dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes