i agree i thought it was tasty...and i cheated, probably would have been better if i cooked the shrimp the way the recipe outlined but i sort of just threw everything together at once. still good!
Grilled Lime Scampi
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine shrimp, 1/4 cup lime juice, and olive oil in a bowl, tossing to coat. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add green onions and garlic, and sauté 1 to 2 minutes. Add wine, cayenne pepper, salt, and remaining lime juice. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Grill shrimp over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until opaque. Toss shrimp in lime-butter sauce, and serve immediately.
- Note: If it's pouring rain and you don't want to gear up like that famous yellow-clad fisherman to grill dinner, drain shrimp from the marinade and cook them in the lime-butter sauce in a large covered skillet for about 5 minutes.
- Pour: Here are a few easygoing whites that are also easy on the wallet: 3 Blind Moose Chardonnay, Blackstone Winery Monterey County Pinot Grigio, Nobilo Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, and Talus Collection Pinot Grigio. Feel free to use any of these in the recipe, as well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note