I made this last night. It was so easy and tasted wonderful. I will keep making it and changing up some of the herbs and maybe add some garlic.
Grilled Lemon-Herb Chicken
If your grill is large enough, cook two chickens at the same time to feed a larger group or just to have more leftovers for quick lunches. Refrigerate leftover chicken for up to three days. Butterflying the chicken is easier to do with strong kitchen shears than with a knife.
This recipe goes with Spinach Salad with Chicken, Melon, and Mango, Summer Vegetable Tabbouleh with Chicken, Southwestern Chicken Pasta Salad, Curried Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins, Guacamole Chicken Wraps, Grilled Eggplant Pitas with Chicken and Goat Cheese, Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Sandwich
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 203
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 33.5g
- Carbohydrate: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 100mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 565mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 (5-pound) roasting chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Rinse chicken with cold water, and pat dry. Trim excess fat. Place chicken, breast side down, on a cutting surface. Cut chicken in half lengthwise along backbone (do not cut through breastbone). Turn chicken over. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine parsley, thyme, juice, salt, and pepper; rub mixture under loosened skin and over breast and drumsticks. Gently press skin to secure. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 55 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into meaty part of thigh registers 180°. Remove chicken from grill; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Remove and discard the skin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note