I didn't have a grill pan, so I did this in a skillet and it still turned out great! The only thing I did to change this recipe was that I put the halved tomatoes in a saucepan with the sauce and warmed on medium low and put the feta in at the last minute and then served over the chicken. I like my tomatoes a little soft and it made for a nice warm sauce/side.
Grilled Lemon Chicken with Tomato Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 304
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 560mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1.5 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine rind, 2 tablespoons juice, and 1 tablespoon oil in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; turn to coat. Let stand 8 minutes.
- 2. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Stir in tomatoes and feta cheese.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Top chicken with tomato mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note