Grilled Lemon Chicken Skewers with Satay Dip-Contessa
Barefoot Contessa cookbook,
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pound(s) boneless chicken breasts, halved and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves-minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup(s) freshly squeezed lemon juice-4 lemons
- 3/4 cup(s) good olive oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- satay dip-recipe follows
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour over the chicken breasts in a nonreactive bowl. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat a charcoal grill. Grill the chicken breasts for 10 minutes on each side, until just cooked through. Cool slightly and cut diagonally in 1/2-inch-thick slices. Skewer with wooden sticks and serve with Satay Dip.
- Satay Dip:
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2/3 cup small-diced red onion (1 small onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons good red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Cook the olive oil, sesame oil, red onion, garlic, ginger root, and red pepper flakes in a small, heavy-bottomed pot on medium heat until the onion is transparent, 10 to 15 minutes. Whisk in the vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, peanut butter, ketchup, sherry, and lime juice; cook for 1 more minute. Cool and use as a dip for Grilled Lemon Chicken skewers.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kimberly007 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note