Tastes like something out of a restaurant. Light, tasty. Hubby used the outdoor grill which probably added some flavor.
Grilled Lemon-Dijon Chicken Thighs with Arugula Salad
This light, quick main is perfect for warmer months. If you have 5 extra minutes, grill some vegetables to toss into the salad; try asparagus or red onion.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 249
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 469mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (5-ounce) package baby arugula
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Combine chicken, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, juice, Dijon, and garlic in a bowl; toss to coat. Let stand 4 minutes. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place chicken on a cutting board. Cut chicken into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 2. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, shallots, vinegar, and honey in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk to dissolve honey. Add tomatoes and arugula; toss to coat. Place 1 1/2 cups arugula mixture on each of 4 plates; top evenly with sliced chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This