This was great! I used lemon instead of sour cream for the spread, and instead of watercress and tomato, I used mozzarella cheese and avocado. And I also used an indoor grill and it turned out perfect!
Grilled Lemon-Basil Tofu Burgers
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 276
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 10.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 743mg
- Calcium: 101mg
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 pound firm or extrafirm tofu, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- Combine first 8 ingredients and 3 garlic cloves in a small bowl. Cut tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Pat each square dry with paper towels. Place tofu slices on a jelly-roll pan. Brush both sides of tofu slices with lemon juice mixture; reserve remaining juice mixture. Let tofu stand 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Place tofu slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 3 minutes on each side. Brush tofu with the reserved juice mixture.
- Combine remaining 1 minced garlic clove, chopped olives, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a small bowl; stir well. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each hamburger bun; top each serving with 1 tofu slice, 1 tomato slice, about 2 tablespoons watercress, and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This