Grilled Lemon-Basil Snapper with Roasted Peppers
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 241
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 38.3g
- Carbohydrate: 6.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 231mg
- Calcium: 68mg
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets or other firm white fish fillets
- Cooking spray
- Fresh chives (optional)
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 12 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Combine the basil and next 6 ingredients (basil through black pepper) in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add pepper strips; toss well. Let stand 1 hour. Drain peppers, reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill.
- Brush both sides of fillets with the reserved marinade. Place fish on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with remaining basil mixture.
- Divide pepper mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top each serving with a fillet. Garnish with fresh chives, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This