Grilled Leg of Lamb with Yogurt-Mint Sauce
Thomas J. Story
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 210mg
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- 1 yellow onion (6 oz.), peeled and quartered
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 leg of lamb (4 to 5 lbs.), boned, butterflied, and trimmed of fat
- 1 red onion (6 oz.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 bunches radishes, rinsed and trimmed
- Yogurt-Mint Sauce
- 1. In a blender, whirl yellow onion, garlic, rosemary, lemon juice, and salt. With blender running, slowly pour in olive oil.
- 2. Rinse lamb and pat dry. With a small knife, make small slashes (1 in. long, 1 in. deep) all over the lamb, and put it in a nonreactive dish. Coat lamb with onion marinade, making sure the mixture gets into the slits. Cover and chill 2 hours or up to overnight, turning occasionally.
- 3. Remove lamb from refrigerator about 1 hour before you plan to cook it. Spread lamb flat on an oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium-hot coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds). Close lid. Cook lamb, turning once and brushing with marinade, until a thermometer inserted in center of thickest part registers 140°, about 40 minutes.
- 4. Transfer meat to a platter and cover. Let rest 15 to 20 minutes. Thinly slice meat, garnish with sliced red onion and radishes, and serve with yogurt-mint sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes