I made this for Easter this year, with a bit of a twist... it was excellent. Instead of a leg of lamb, I purchased lamb stew meat from my grocery store. I made the marinade as stated, but then put the meat on skewers and grilled it. It turned out great!
Grilled Leg of Lamb
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6-pound) boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- Garnish: fresh rosemary sprigs
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add lamb. Seal and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare fire by piling charcoal or lava rocks on each side of grill, leaving center empty. Place a drip pan between coals. Coat food rack with cooking spray, and place on grill.
- Remove lamb from marinade, discarding marinade; place lamb on food rack over drip pan.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 145°. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 150° (medium-rare). Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes