Excellent. I was skeptical, but the mint and lemon flavor with the lamb is perfect. The beans were perfectly cooked and all enjoyed it and asked for more.
Grilled Lamb Skewers with Warm Fava Bean Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 284
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 24.8g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 442mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 4 cups shelled fava beans (about 8 pounds unshelled)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 pounds leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 6 lemon wedges
- Cook fava beans in boiling water for 1 minute or until tender. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Drain. Remove tough outer skins from beans, and discard skins.
- Combine olive oil, chopped mint, lemon rind, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Heat 2 tablespoons water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, and add beans to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated. Add beans to juice mixture, and toss to coat.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread lamb onto 12 (8-inch) skewers. Coat lamb with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 7 minutes or until lamb is done, turning occasionally. Serve with salad and lemon wedges.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes