Easy and tasty. The whole family enjoyed it, which is rare.
Grilled Lamb Shoulder Chops with Pimentón Rub
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Karen Shinto
At the farmers' market, look for grass-fed lamb, or go to eatwild.com for a source near you.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
2 Hours, 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 421
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 1068mg
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- 4 bone-in lamb shoulder chops (preferably grass-fed), about 1/2 lb. each
- About 1 1/2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. dried oregano, crumbled fine
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon bittersweet or sweet smoked Spanish paprika (pimentón)
- 4 lemon wedges
- 1. Coat lamb all over with oil. In a small bowl, combine oregano, salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Evenly sprinkle all over lamb, pressing it into place.
- 2. Chill chops on a rack set on a tray, uncovered, 2 to 8 hours. Bring to room temperature during the last hour.
- 3. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Grill chops, covered, turning once, about 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note