Grilled Lamb and Halloumi Kebabs
These meat and cheese kebabs turn into a flavorful and hearty salad when tossed with fresh herb leaves. We like to serve the salad with a side of hummus.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 680
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 43g
- Fat: 38g
- Saturated fat: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 1498mg
- Cholesterol: 119mg
- About 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, plus 1/4 cup whole oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves, plus 1/4 cup whole mint leaves
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 4 white or whole-wheat pita breads, halved and warmed
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix 5 tbsp. oil, the vinegar, salt, pepper, and chopped herbs in a large bowl. Measure 2 tbsp. and set aside. Add cheese, tomatoes, and lamb to remaining dressing, tossing to coat. Thread cheese, tomatoes, and lamb onto 8 metal skewers.
- 2. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill kebabs, turning once, until meat and cheese are browned, about 6 minutes.
- 3. Set skewers on plates, drizzle with reserved dressing, and scatter with herb leaves. Serve with pita.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note