- About 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, plus 1/4 cup whole oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves, plus 1/4 cup whole mint leaves
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 4 white or whole-wheat pita breads, halved and warmed
- calories 680
- caloriesfromfat 50 %
- protein 43 g
- fat 38 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 41 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 1498 mg
- cholesterol 119 mg
How to Make It
Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Mix 5 tbsp. oil, the vinegar, salt, pepper, and chopped herbs in a large bowl. Measure 2 tbsp. and set aside. Add cheese, tomatoes, and lamb to remaining dressing, tossing to coat. Thread cheese, tomatoes, and lamb onto 8 metal skewers.
Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill kebabs, turning once, until meat and cheese are browned, about 6 minutes.
Set skewers on plates, drizzle with reserved dressing, and scatter with herb leaves. Serve with pita.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.