Turned out deeee-LICI-ous! Changes we made: We were unimpressed with the lamb chop selection available at our local grocery and opted for the cheaper but better quality pork chops instead. So glad we did-we were able to buy x2 the meat! Chimichurri was still great even though we used dried parsley and pre minced garlic, but had to double the amount of olive oil to compensate when mixing in the food processor. Great summer dish.
Grilled Lamb Chops with Roasted Summer Squash and Chimichurri
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 6 (5-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add garlic to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove garlic from water; cool. Coarsely chop garlic.
- 2. Place garlic, 1/2 cup parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, shallots, and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper) in a food processor; process 1 minute or until almost smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; pulse 2 times.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 5. Combine squash, zucchini, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl; toss well. Arrange squash and zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bake at 450° for 16 minutes or until tender, turning after 8 minutes.
- 6. Lightly coat lamb with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place lamb on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Divide squash and zucchini evenly among 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 lamb chop and 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley puree.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes