Grilled Lamb Chops With Pineapple-Mint Salsa
If you can't find lamb chops, feel free to substitute with equal-size pork loin chops. The fresh mint in the salsa adds a crisp fragrance, so don't be tempted to use dried. If you can't find fresh mint, use fresh basil. And be sure to grate the lemon rind before squeezing the fresh juice.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 14 Minutes
Chill: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 395
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 488mg
- Calcium: 69mg
- 4 (6- to 7-ounce) bone-in lamb loin chops (about 1 1/2-inches thick), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple*
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked couscous
- Rub chops with oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Rub chops with garlic and lemon rind. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Combine chopped tomato, next 7 ingredients, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Grill lamb, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve chops with salsa over hot cooked couscous.
- *1/4 cup drained canned crushed pineapple in juice may be substituted.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes 1 cup cooked couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note