- 4 (6- to 7-ounce) bone-in lamb loin chops (about 1 1/2-inches thick), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple*
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked couscous
- calories 395
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- fat 11.8 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 5.8 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 29 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 488 mg
- calcium 69 mg
How to Make It
Rub chops with oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice; sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Rub chops with garlic and lemon rind. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Combine chopped tomato, next 7 ingredients, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Grill lamb, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Serve chops with salsa over hot cooked couscous.
*1/4 cup drained canned crushed pineapple in juice may be substituted.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes 1 cup cooked couscous.